Monday 28 May 2012

For the Love of Kaffe.......

So!... I've moved into a blue and white phase.  After living my "everthing-has-to-be-red-or-a-shade-thereof" phase for the past 10 years, I realised it was time for a change. But when I change colour phases... EVERYTHING changes. From the wall colours to the linen to the carpets.....  Obviously this has some serious financial implications - so the changes are happening slowly! haha

The lounge walls has gone to a very dark blue... so...obviously the scatter pillows had to change too. I was scouring through my knitting books for a pattern that would fit the "look" I had in mind.  And very UNsurprisingly I found the perfect damask pattern in my Kaffe Fassett book!! He has always been one of my favourite artists and every time I page through his creations I am amazed that he came up with these gorgeous mixes of geometric designs and combined them with fantastical colour explosions! He has inspired millions of knitters around the world and NEVER fails to inspire me whenever i'm exploring a new project.  One of my best investments was buying his book:

Kaffe Fassett's Pattern Library: Over 190 Creative Knitwear Designs


After finding his beautiful damask knitting pattern I knew that it was going to be perfect for my scatter pillow and... after Ive come about halfway.... I am just absolutely loving it!!  It is still a work in progress but I'm looking forward to completing it soon!



0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
RubyRed
I am an Artist and a Craft-addict... I am passionate about anything that involves creating something from scratch. I would love to revive an interest in our traditional crafts like knitting and crochet. The art and skill involved in it amazes me. I learn every day.....
View my complete profile

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Visitors

Followers

Popular Posts